Learn to play tennis and enjoy this sport of a lifetime!
CTA’s Tennis Basics Program is designed for the novice to play and develop skills at the same time. Whether you are brand new to tennis, haven’t played in decades or are an entry-level player that needs to focus on technique – this program is for you!
The program utilizes larger balls that bounce slower for guaranteed racquet contact and will be run by the teaching professionals of East Potomac Tennis Center.
During the 6 week program participants will progress from the red tennis ball to green tennis ball and learn how to:
- Hit Ground Strokes (forehand and backhand)
- Hit Lobs and Overheads
Tennis Basics is FREE to CTA Members in good standing that can identify with one of the types of players below:
- Players just starting to play tennis
- Players with limited experience and still working primarily on getting the ball into play
- Players that lack directional intent, have incomplete swings, incomplete service motion, avoid forehand or backhand, and/or have grip problems.
- Some players whose form is still developing and are prepared for moderately paced shots, may have preparation problems, and can keep the ball in play, but are inconsistent
Unsure if you fit the requirements, but want to participate? Please email email@example.com for consideration.
Not a CTA Member? Join today to participate in this great program!
Space is limited so register today!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since this is a progression based program, it is encouraged that you only sign-up if you can attend at least 5 (out of 6) of the weeks so that you don't fall behind.
Please note that the CTA President and CTA League Commissioner have final approval of the participation list for the sole purpose of ensuring that all participants are beginner tennis players and CTA members in good standing.
The program will not be held over Memorial Day weekend.