The CTA Board is a nine-member elected and appointed body that organizes, coordinates, and oversees tennis and tennis-related events for CTA's 300+ members. The Board meets bimonthly; all members in good standing are invited to attend the meetings.
* denotes a position appointed to the Board
The appointed positions (which will be made by the incoming 2017 board in January) are:
- President - The president provides general oversight of all CTA activities and is, at the end of the day, responsible for all of CTA's activities.
- Vice President of Membership - The vice president of membership oversees membership activities such as Pride events and other outreach activities, manages membership applications and renewals through the Web site, maintains the membership directory, ensures members have access to the website and Yahoo Group listserves, manages the listserves, and ensures fees are timely paid.
- Vice President of Operations - The vice president of operations oversees league guidelines and infractions, oversees the in-house tournament, and assists the league commissioner and the Capital Classic Tournament director in performing their duties.
- Social Chair- The social director coordinates happy hours, events with other organizations, and other outings. The social director also plans the annual member meeting and the holiday party.
- Secretary - The secretary is the custodian of the organization's non-financial documents and is responsible for maintaining board meeting minutes, including maintaining documents on the CTA website. The secretary also oversees communications for the organization.
- Treasurer - The treasurer manages CTA's funds and financial records. Anyone interested in serving as the treasurer should have at least two (2) years of relevant financial experience.
- League Commissioner - The league commissioner ensures the smooth planning and operation of CTA's leagues, schedules, and registration periods.
- Capital Classic Tournament Director - The CC Tournament director is responsible for all aspects of organizing and operating the CC tournament (from finances to registration to the banquet, etc.)
Volunteering on the board is a great way to meet members and help direct the future of the organization. Depending on your role, you might spend 5-10 hours per month plus a meeting every other month.